Friday, February 3, 2012

Cheeseburger Hotdish

I generally get home around six o'clock from work and begin preparing supper. I try to choose something easy during the week as I do not like eating anything after seven. Last night I tried a new recipe out of the Braddock Centennial Cookbook compliments of one of our neighbor ladies.

Cheeseburger Hotdish
1.5 pounds hamburger 
1 small onion chopped

salt and pepper to taste
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag french fries
shredded cheese


Directions: Brown hamburger and onion, season with salt and pepper. Add soups. Top with french fries. Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.

*I modified the directions to fit my time limit. I baked the fries in the oven while browning the hamburger/onion. After adding the soups I let the mixture simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes before adding the already baked french fries. I sprinkled the cheese on and covered it for a couple minutes to melt. Ta-da supper was served.


Next time I will be adding some sort of a vegatable and possibly topping with hashbrowns!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment