Monday, September 19, 2011

Wallpaper

Working on the house continues......
Off with the old

On with the new!


I spent quite a bit of time taking down some dated wallpaper only to put more up! Paintable wallpaper....it's completely awesome. This has certainly added a lot of character to our office.

I spent most of Saturday completing the wallpaper project in our office. I used an inexpensive "Mocha Stained Glaze" from Lowe's and antiqued the wall as follows:


Step 1:  Apply glaze generously with a paint brush.
Step 2: Let set for 10-15 minutes



Step 3: Using a dry rag, wipe the glaze off until you have the desired look.
I used one of my Fiance's old t-shirts! lol :-)

A close-up.


Our office is still under contruction so a complete room photo will be posted later.

Have a great week everyone!




 

3 comments:

  1. I'm in desperate need to locate (3) more rolls of this wallpaper I bought in 1990 at Home Depot but they no carry wallpaper, nor can I order it from them. I've searched the US, Canada, & the England but cannot find it. Can anyone help in locating this embossed wallpaper? Thx in advance > Ben benlebow8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you paint the wallpaper first or just used the glaze only? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you have a few scraps of the wallpaper? I can't find any and I am almost done. I would pay almost anything.

    ReplyDelete