Saturday, April 14, 2012

Familiar.Easy.Loved

It's Saturday! I love to catch up on house chores and baking on the weekends. We don't have to have 10 ingredients, slave in the kitchen for hours for this traditional, been around forever, smile creating treat! I'm sure each and everyone of you knows this recipe....but I figured why not share it anyway!



Rice Krispie Bars
  • 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
  • 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows
  • 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal



    Directions:
    Melt butter and marshmallows. I use the microwave but the stove top works too. Be sure to stir often. I add a splash of vanilla flavoring to my gooey melted mixture. Stir in 6 cups of rice krispies. Today I used Kellogg's but the generic brands taste just as good.

Pat into a buttered 9x13 pan. Store covered so the bars keep their moisture. These bars can be easily decorated with colored sugars, sprinkles, chocolate chips, and so forth. Today I made the original recipe with no extras.

Although I have this recipe in my memory you can also find it on the cereal box! :-)



This is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets. It is the nylon knife sold by Pampered Chef. At first I thought a plastic knife what good is this....I've realized it has done a lot of good. Not to mention it main purpose which protects all our new pans we got as wedding gifts from getting knife marks that eventually rust. If you don't already have one, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment