Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hamburger Crescent Rolls

I had hamburger thawing at home, not sure what to make for supper! Thanks to my friends on Facebook I got some great ideas- tacos, lasanga, goulash, tator tot hotdish, chili, etc All these wonderful ideas helped me make my menu for the week. Aside from these ideas I had two rolls of Crescent Rolls in the fridge that needed to be used up. I like a good housewife I whipped up a new idea!


Hamburger Crescent Rolls
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 Onion - chopped
1/2 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 rolls Crescent Rolls

Brown hamburger with chopped onion. Add shredded cabbage cook until soft. Sprinkle with cheese and stir well. Unroll the crescent rolls triangles, I stretched them a little to hold more of the meat mixture. Place the desired amount of filling near the bottom edge of the triangle and roll them up! I baked mine on a baking sheet *sprayed with Pam* for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

The guys ate them with ketchup, I however mixed a little horseradish with a fat free mayo and a couple drops of vinegar for a nice creamy dipping sauce.

The nice thing about this kind of recipe is that it's more of an "idea" than recipe. Use your imagination mix ingredients together you like wrap them up and bake em. It's a win-win idea!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment