Thursday, August 4, 2011

Shrimp Alfredo

Eating healthy can be challenging, then after time you find things that make it easier. I've never been completely crazy about pastas but when I'm not supposed to eat them.....I want them. This isn't your normal aflredo recipe but it's still great.

Shrimp Alfredo
Shrimp
Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta
Butter
Cream
Salt & Pepper
Garlic salt or powder
Onion powder


Boil noodles as directed on the packaging. Saute shrimp in butter, add some cream and spices. I prefer spicy shrimp so I also add cayenne pepper. Add steamed broccoli for more color. This is a simple way to make a hearty meal that is going to stick with you for a long time!

Grocery stores no longer have a just a few types of noodles...they have nearly a whole isle. Somewhere in that area you will find these "Smart Taste" noodles ina  purple box. They are high in fiber and taste amazing and are great for counting Weight Watcher Points!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment