Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Coleslaw

Recipes from scratch are always a favorite but then there are days when you just don't have enough time! For example this last Saturday, we worked cattle! I've already shared the Calico Beans recipe and here is the coleslaw recipe! The truth is: Not every recipe needs to make 20 dishes dirty to taste awesome!


Coleslaw
2 bag of coleslaw mix
1 small bottle of coleslaw dressing
3 apples peeled and cut into small pieces
1 bag of slivered almonds or cashews...whichever you have on hand
onion to taste if you wish

Directions: Mix it together, chill and enjoy!

I like to think the more apples I add, the healthier it is or the less guilty I feel eating it. I used low fat coleslaw dressing, the guys couldn't taste the difference. I highly recommend cutting the calories if possible....especially if you cannot taste the difference. This coleslaw was a big score!

No comments:

Post a Comment