Monday, June 20, 2011

Tortellini Kabobs

'Tis the season for picnics, grilling, and fun summer sides. I put this idea together for a party I hosted last year. I apologize in advance for not using exact measurements. I got my cooking/baking skill from my Grandmother who's recipes call for "a little of this" and "a splash of that" and "enough to taste"!

Tortellini Kabobs
Ingredients:
- Cheese Filled Tortellini's
- Black Olives & Green Olives
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Mini Pepperoni's
- Cucumbers
- Italian Dressing
- Kabob Sticks


Prepare the Tortellini's according to their package.   Once the noodles are done boiling rinse them with cold water. Put the noodles in a nice Tupperware bowl.
  
Pour a generous amount of Italian Dressing over the noodles, cover and put in the refridgerator until completely cooled. *I normally let them marinate for at least 2 hours.
When you are ready begin assembling the kabobs by alternating the ingredients above. I absolutely love using the mini Pepperoni's. They are just the perfect size for a Kabob.
 I encourage you to be creative with this recipe and use vegetables that your family likes. Once you have your kabobs filled place them in a storage container with a lid. Chill. Moments before serving these mouth watering kabobs drizzle Italian dressing over the entire platter. Not only will they taste amazing, they will look beautifully catered!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment