Monday, July 11, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes


Weekday mornings consist of quick grabs for breakfast like: cereal, pop tarts, toast, etc. On the weekends I like to prepare a breakfast to eat together, such as these Buttermilk Pancakes. My Fiance knew I loved cooking/baking so for our first Christmas he gave me their family cookbook, and I love it! This recipe is borrowed from the "Preszler Family Treasures" cookbook shared by his dad.


Buttermilk Pancakes
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soda
1 1/2 cup flour


Directions: Mix all the ingredients together. Fry on a hot griddle.

Q:  Do you know when it's time to flip a pancake?
A:   When the pancake has lots of bubbles like on the picture below it is ready to flip!

Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup of batter per pancake = 5 uniform pancakes

That is exactly what I did they were deee-licious! Pancakes can be a fun flavor blasted breakfast meal. I like to add fresh berries to the batter, top them with your favorite jelly, sprinkle powdered sugar on top with slices of bananas, or my Fiance likes sliced cheese on his.
Yes that's right....sliced cheese. I had never heard of it until I met him but it really is quite tasty!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment