Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

My aunt introduced me to oven fried chicken when I was a little girl. It was one of my favorite meals at her house. She had many, many good recipes that I'm sure I'll be sharing! I have adjusted this recipe to cut the calories but it has proved to be successful when I see people licking the crumbs off their plates!

Southern Style Oven Fried Chicken
1/3 cup flour
Non-fat cooking spray
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 ounces buttermilk
1/2 cup cornflakes - crushed finely
1 pound thawed bonless/skinless chicken breast - cut into 4 oz pieces
       *chicken wings and dumsticks work too just be sure to remove the skin


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat your baking dish with cooking spray.

Combine flour, salt, peper, onion powder and cayenne pepper together in a medium sized dish. Place buttermilk in a bowl of it's own and crushed cornflakes in another dish.

Roll chicken in flour until covered, then dunk it into the butter milk, and lastly roll it in the crushed cornflakes.

Place on you baking dish and bake for about 30-40 minutes.

NOTE: You do not have to flip the chicken while baking!!

Each 4 oz piece of chicken = 4 Weight Watcher Points


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment